- Tunegrove Blog Launched!
- Note to Self: Avoid Bulk SMS
- Memory Leak with s3 Fuse s3fs Over https
- Back to School
- My new HP TouchPad – Better, Faster, Stronger, Overclocked
- New Site Design 2011
- Disable Verizon V-Cast popup / autostart on Android HTC Incredible
- Mock Draft 2010 iPhone, iPad and iPod touch now Available!
- What is SEO? An introduction to Search Engine Optimization and search result rank
- Detect File Types For Files With No Extension
- Seperate the directory and file portions of a string path in PHP
- Migrating wordpress to a new server
- A customized web-based wysiwyg that can clean a paste from MS Word
- Google Talk Crashes When I Select Show current music track Status, using Winamp
- How to Fix Problmes with CSS Float Elements in IE, FireFox, Safari, etc
Disable Verizon V-Cast popup / autostart on Android HTC Incredible
So after the update to Android version 2.2 on my HTC Incredible that I have with Verizon I notice that everytime I plug it into my computer with the USB cable it would pop up a V-Cast promo video in my browser as well as a little pop-up window asking me to install some software. Very annoying.
A quick search brought me here which gave these quick instructions:
- Open the phone app.
- Dial ##7764726 and tap Call.
- Enter the SPC password of 000000 (six zeros) and tap Verify.
- Tap Feature Settings.
- Select CD-ROM.
- Select Disable.
- Press Menu and commit modifications.
Now you should be all set. No more annoying Verizon pop-ups!